Education Horizons Group Limited (ACN 615852376) ( “EHG”) and its Related Bodies (“Related Entities”) in Australia are subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The Privacy Act regulates how private sector entities collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information includes any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For further information visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website.
The types of personal information which Education Horizons Group collects may include an individual’s name, phone number, email address, address, nationality, date of birth, job title.
Personal information may be collected by Education Horizons Group in a number of circumstances, including when an individual:
- lodges an enquiry through EHG’s online enquiry service;
- attends a seminar; or
- applies for employment with us.
What other information does EHG collect?
When you look at the EHG website, EHG computers record your visit and log the following anonymous information for statistical purposes:
- the Internet Protocol address from which EHG receives the request;
- the date and time the EHG server received the request;
- the pages, documents and files you requested;
- the address of the resource which provided the link followed, if any, to the EHG website;
- the type of browser and, in some cases, the operating system used; and
- in some cases, data you send to the EHG website from web forms (e.g. search terms).
What EHG does with the information?
EHG collects personal information for the primary purpose of providing EHG services to individuals. EHG may also collect personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the primary purpose of collection, including:
- administering and managing the services EHG provides to prospective and current clients, including, billing, maintaining information technology systems, customer service and data storage;
- marketing the services of EHG and its Related Entities to prospective, current and past clients;
- hiring and managing employees and contractors;
- planning, monitoring, evaluating and improving EHG services, including conducting market research and surveys and assessing customer satisfaction; and
- otherwise communicating with you.
EHG collects information from other organisations and bodies, including government bodies, in connection with providing services to them or on behalf of them. Information collected in that context may be treated differently from information collected in other contexts. EHG will comply with any obligations imposed by the organisations and bodies that provided the information under the relevant agreements.
By providing EHG with your personal information, you consent to EHG using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis in order to provide you with marketing information we think would be of interest to you, including by mail, email, SMS and telephone.
EHG may retain other companies and contractors to provide services for EHG, including entities located outside Australia, who will need to have access to your personal information to perform their obligations. EHG may also use a cloud-based service to store and process personal information. By providing EHG with your personal information, you consent to EHG disclosing your information to entities located outside Australia for these purposes, as well as EHG Related Entities to allow those companies to use and disclose that information for the primary and ancillary purposes for which EHG collects personal information stated above. In such circumstances, EHG is not responsible for a failure of the overseas recipient to comply with Australian privacy laws.
Only a limited number of staff has access to the anonymous information collected via the EHG website and EHG products. The information is collated for analysis. It is then evaluated and published in reports that show usage patterns. This helps EHG to improve and develop the website and services.
For security reasons, EHG uses software programs to monitor network traffic and identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
What EHG won’t do with the information?
EHG will not disclose or externally publish personal information to third parties who are not related to EHG with a view to allowing them to direct market their products or services without the relevant individual’s consent.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users of the EHG website except in the unlikely event of an investigation or legal proceedings, or where otherwise permitted to do so under the Privacy Act.
For example, EHG will gather more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files other than those published on the EHG website;
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the EHG website;
- unauthorised attempts by other websites to index the contents of the EHG website;
- attempts to intercept messages of other EHG website users
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed; and/or
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the EHG web server, breach the laws of the Commonwealth or a state of Australia, or interfere with the use of the EHG website by other users.
Is data stored in a secure way?
EHG has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of information under EHGs control, as required by law and generally accepted industry standards. However, no system is 100% secure and to the extent permitted by law, EHG excludes any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any security breach.
Does EHG publish personal information on the EHG website?
Education Horizons Group will only publish personal information on the EHG website if it has been collected for this purpose with your knowledge and consent.
When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on the EHG website is accessible to millions of users from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that once the information is published on the EHGwebsite, EHG will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
Names and email addresses of EHG staff appearing on the EHG website are provided with their knowledge and consent.
Under no circumstances will EHG sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
What about external links?
This site contains links to other sites. EHG is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Can I access and correct my personal information?
You have the right to access your personal information held by EHG on request, subject to limited exceptions in the Privacy Act. EHG will deal with your request within a reasonable time. EHG may recover from you reasonable costs of providing you with access.
EHG will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Should you wish to access or amend this information, or complain about a breach of the Privacy Act, please contact EHG’s Privacy Contact Officer as follows:
- Postal contact: Education Horizons Group Ltd, 4/303-313 Burwood Highway, Burwood East, VIC 3151, Australia
- Phone contact: (03) 8594 3400 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm AEST)
- Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
EHG will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
- Website: www.oaic.gov.au
- Phone: 1300 363 992
Further information about the application of privacy law to the private sector generally can be found by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (details above).
If you no longer wish to receive any communications, or want to be removed from any EHG database, please contact the service identified on the relevant feature page, or EHG’s Privacy Contact Officer on the details set out above.